Saturday, April 4, 2009

And unto us a son was born

This is our son, Isaac Jean Garcia:



Isaac means "laughter" and Jean, which is a variant of John, means "the Lord is gracious." But his names have higher meaning to us. We chose Isaac because, like God promised a son to Abraham and Sarah, he also promised a son to my husband and I, and we too had to wait and wait for him to arrive (it took about two and half years to conceive him). And Jean was my husband's Grandmother's middle name who passed away about two weeks before her great grandson was born.

Isaac was born on St. Patty's Day, weighing in at 7lbs, 4ozs and was 22" long. Why is it that babies are measured by length instead of height I don't know....

Now that he's almost three weeks old he weighs 7lbs, 13 1/2ozs and is 21 1/2" long...how he shrunk I don't know. He sleeps a lot but not when mommy and daddy want to. He's a sweet baby and gentle like he was in the womb. He loves his head rubbed like his daddy and his back tickled like his mommy...it puts him right to sleep. He is very ticklish which is cute because he squirms. He's starting to coo and he's holding his head up for longer periods of time...although he still resembles a bobble head doll most of the time.

Our days are filled with lots of boob and huggies products but these are the best days of my life. I would take staring into his eyes and holding onto his hands over a repeat of any other day of my life it's that good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BAYBA!

Cameron said...

Can you believe that picture? He's gotten so BIG!

You need to blog more...once a year just doesn't work for me. How about at least once a month?