Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shining as bright as the day

I've been reflecting a lot lately on what I need to die to daily (Luke 9:23). Then I heard an old U2 song, which was about a friend of Bono's OD'ing...but Bono's lyrics go so much deeper. He wrote:

" Into the half-light And through the flame

If I could through myself Set your spirit free I'd lead your heart away See you break, break away Into the light And to the day"

For me today that means if I can get myself out of the way and let Jesus' Holy Spirit break out through me, he would bring light to the darkness, a light so bright that it would become daytime. Right now it feels as if I'm only allowing Him to be a flashlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDBV6VX3fc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you Bono, my modern day psalmist.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: