Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm Back!

I spent Christmas with my in-laws in California. It was a fabulous time but I am so glad to be home again.

For Christmas Z and M, my BFF's girls,



















got Rock Band for PS3. I was a little disappointed that it was not Dance Dance Revolution (which I will immediately stop and add three shiny quarters to if I come across it in any of my travels) however, after 5 minutes of playing it, I fell in love.

This game comes with a drum set, guitar and mike. You can hook up a second guitar for four-player. Basically you are in a band and you tour the world playing hit songs from the 70's to now, anything from punk to heavy metal. A lot of the music is grunge from the 90's like Nirvana and Weezer, which is what I grew up on. You gain roadies. You get a manager. You get money. You pretty much get everything you would if you were a real rock band.

Now to give you a little background, my Dad owned a video arcade for the first 18 years of my life. So I became very diverse and good in my video game knowledge at a very young age. At the age of 9, I was top ranked player on Street Fighter (alyougon!) and pinball. Nobody could beat me. It was definitely a money maker for my Dad because people would pile tons of money into his games to try to beat the owner's kid. Let me tell you, I had the best boy/girl birthday parties. All the boys wanted to come to my birthday party...until they found out I was better at video games than they were...

I kind of got burned out of video games by the age of 16. You'd think I'd be a video game junkie but I really hardly ever play. I like Tetris and Myst but I'll play maybe once a year....unless it's Dance Dance Revolution :)

I stayed up until midnight, playing Rock Band with Scooterboy for 5 1/2 hours. He had to be up the next morning by 4:30, I had to be up by 6:00 for work. There's just something about a crowd screaming your name and cheering for you. This game is awesome. This game will consume my life. I have achieved every little girls' dream. I. am. a ROCK STAR! Last night we played for 7 hours straight. My voice was gone by the end of the night. I rocked out the drums so hard that this morning when I woke up my arms were sore. I played the guitar until my fingers bled...okay, I'm exaggerating...but seriously...

Of course the kids have had maybe an hour of playing time....we wouldn't want them to fill their brains with nonsense.

1 comment:

Jodi Miller said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog about my latest scribble. :) I'm so excited that you work with my sister-in-law. I too am excited to see what things He is working to bring to completion in the hearts of those I love so much. *j