Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Demolition Derby

So after Christmas I decided to start cleaning the room up and get it functional. But every time I sat in it, I couldn't help but stare at that paneling. So I stopped operation-get-the-room-functional-for-now. It was a stupid idea anyway. I had grand visions for what the room could be by tearing out that paneling and ripping up the carpet to reveal the retro blue with gold speckled linoleum. And after seeing all those fantastic rooms out there in which I coveted (yes, I sinned...and one of the 10 commandment sins too...forgive me Lord), I just couldn't function until it was right.

So Yay! I finally got to tackle my craft room! Ok... it's far from done but with the help of two friends we were able to clear the room out, demolish the old 70's panelling, and rip up that carpet! Remember what it looked like over Christmas?



I wish I had an in-between photo so you could see where we actually started, but we were so excited to get to demolition that I forgot to take some better pictures for you.

And here's what it looks like after day 1:



No more paneling!!! But there was some glue which will need to be scraped tomorrow.



See the pretty linoleum? It doesn't look like much yet but you'll see the potential soon!




And glittery gold specks!






I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Blessings,
Woman

No comments: