Friday, November 16, 2007

My Day

Today was great because I not only got to spend a whole lot of money on Christmas decorations for my office, but I didn't have to really work AND I got to do it while being paid.

On my outings, as I was trying to find a parking spot at our local Target (say it with a French accent, it sounds fancier), I spotted a lady putting away her newly purchased items in the trunk of her vehicle so I politely turned on my blinker patiently waiting for her to finish. I waited for a while. She obviously saw me, it was pretty obvious I was waiting for her spot. As she shut her trunk I realized, "Hm, this lady is not going to leave this parking spot." I irritatingly turned off my blinker and started to move forward. As I passed the lady, she looked at me and snottily smiled. As if she couldn't have waved me on to let me know she wasn't going to be leaving and instead just unloading the junk she just purchased in the Big Box Store.

Not to let that ruin my Christmas cheer, I found another parking spot...very very very far away from the entrance. Definitely NOT princess parking. I continued on with my shopping extraveganza.

On my way home from my day of fun, I stopped in to get my anti-depressant Rx filled. I waited, again, patiently in line to put my order in. As I stepped up to the counter the lady asked me a few questions and then asked me when I would like to pick up my prescription. I said, "Now would be fine (knowing that I usually have to wait about 10-15 minutes minimum for it normally)." She replied, "Well I can't fill it now, so when would you like it?" I replied in almost irritation, "Two minutes." She replied in a very superior tone, "Well there's about ten people in front of you." Blank stare. Now irritated, I replied to her blank stare with a more definite blank stare. She finally said it would be about 25 minutes.

Note to people who refill prescriptions all day...don't mess with someone when they are refilling an anti-depressants, it's not very funny.

But all-in-all I had a great day.

2 comments:

Map Finder said...

Haha- I like the tail end of your post here. It's great that you can write all your thoughts out! Nice blog!

Check out my blog if you get a chance: eight-thirty.blogspot.com.

Man of Many Thoughts said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love the story about getting your Rx filled. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MMT