Monday, November 5, 2007

To Forgive


It is easy to ask for God's forgiveness and accept that He has forgiven, but what is the hardest part, is not accepting God's forgiveness, rather accepting that we, ourselves, are forgiven. Forgiving ourself is the hardest thing to do.

As I was studying about forgiveness today, I realized it's not trusting that God has forgiven me or that I am worth being forgiven, it's me that hasn't forgiven myself completely. C.S. Lewis wrote, "We are offered forgiveness on no other terms. To refuse it is to refuse God's mercy for ourselves. There is no hint of exceptions and God means what he says."

Thank you, Lord, for your constant love and forgiveness. That even on the cross, while suffering, you were able to put away your selfishness, your pain, and sacrifice your life for ours. So that we can know your true love, forgiveness and kindness and so that we can know that you relate to our suffering because you have suffered the most.

No comments: